The Coalition of Major Professional and Participation Sports (COMPPS) consists of the following organisations:
Each of these organisations is the governing body and custodian of a major professional sport in Australia. They are not-for-profit bodies and are responsible for the long-term development and sustainability of their sport in Australia.
COMPPS members provide a wide range of public benefits through a self-funding business model. The vast majority of their revenue is devoted to enhancing, promoting and developing sport for all Australians. Sport is entrenched in the Australian way of life and plays a major role in the economic and social health of the Australian community.
The role of COMPPS is to provide a collective response on behalf of its member sports where their interests are aligned. Where the sports have a common interest, COMPPS responds with a collective submission.
- Sport is the "glue" that holds Australia together.
- We are a sports loving nation and we pride ourselves on our sporting performances.
- Sport delivers long-term social, health, community and economic benefits as well as national pride and unity.
- The Coalition of Major Professional and Participation Sports (COMPPS) consists of the national organisations that are the custodians of Australia's most prominent professional sports: Tennis, Football, Cricket, Rugby Union, Netball, Rugby League and AFL.
- These sports play a huge role in developing, promoting and presenting sport in Australia from the grass roots through to the international level. They are not-for-profit bodies and are responsible for the long-term development and sustainability of their sports. Between them, they have 8.95 million participants and 16,000 clubs.
- COMPPS plays an industry leadership role–
- To harness common issues and represent the interests of the member sports to governments and other relevant bodies;
- To maximize the impact of the sports by combining resources and speaking with one voice;
- To propose sport initiatives that deliver on government outcomes; and
- To stimulate opportunities for innovation and grow the global reputation of Australia as a leading sports nation
- COMPPS is a not-for-profit incorporated association and it is governed by the CEOs of the 7 sports.